Kenya E-Visa Application Procedure
Find our customized Detailed Online Kenya Visa Application Process for Tourists.
Travelers wishing to travel to Kenya for business purposes, family visits or Kenya safari holidays must apply for an advance e-Visa from 01 September 2015. Below are the initial requirements before application of the e-VISA.
Before you start with the online application;-
a. Transit Visa Requirements
1. You require an onward Ticket to apply for a Transit Visa
Entry Requirements (On Arrival)
- Passport Valid for at least Six Months
- eVisa Printout from www.eCitizen.go.ke
- Travel itinerary
- Supporting letter e.g. letter from company or Invitation letter for business visits/family visits. or
- Hotel bookings/details about places to visit if going as tourist.
b. The types of Visa include:
1. Single Journey Visa – Issued for Single or Multiple entries to persons whose nationalities require visas to enter Kenya. Costs $51 (**For Business or Tourism travelers)
2. Transit Visa: Issued for periods not exceeding three days to persons whose nationalities require visas to enter Kenya and who intend to transit through Kenya to a different destination. Costs $21
3. Diplomatic Visa: Issued for Single or Multiple entries to holders of Diplomatic passports who are on official duty
c. Photo requirements during registration:
- The photograph must be in color.
- It should have a white background.
- It should have a close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70-80% of the photograph.
- It should be in sharp focus and clean.
- It should be of high quality with no ink marks and creases.
- The photograph must show you looking directly at the camera.
- It should be 5.5cm * 5.5cm (207px * 207px).
- It should show your skin tone naturally.
- It should have appropriate brightness and contrast.
- The photograph should be a recent one not more than 6 months old.
- It is to be taken without headgear.
- Photograph can be taken with headgear, after consideration on case to case basis if the applicant wears headgear on religious grounds. The main characteristics of the face must be apparent from the photograph. Chin, nose, eyes and eyebrows must not be covered, the forehead should be uncovered to the extent that the shape of the face is apparent.
- It should be without hat/cap.
- It should be with the applicant’s hair tucked behind his/her ears.
- The photograph should not have any staple marks.
- Scanned & color photocopies would NOT be accepted.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR ONLINE VISA IN KENYA
Bearing in mind the above requirements, you are good to go.